Oh boy do I have a recipe to share with you guys today! Last week I was browsing pinterest for some new recipes and I came across an awesome one from Oh She Glows. Honestly I think this was the best burrito I have ever had, hands down.
It was a black bean and butternut squash burrito.
I will share the recipe here and show you my changes in red (mainly because I didn’t have some of the stuff)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, cubed, & roasted
- 1/2 cup uncooked short grain brown rice (yields: 1.5 cups cooked) I used 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion I used 6 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- One 15-oz can black beans (about 1.5-2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup Daiya cheese I used 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tortilla wraps (large or x-large)
Toppings of choice:(avocado, salsa, vegan sour cream, spinach/lettuce, cilantro, etc)
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a large glass dish with tinfoil. Drizzle olive oil on squash and give a shake of salt and pepper. Coat with hands. Roast chopped butternut squash for 45 mins. or until tender.
- Cook brown rice.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, onion, and minced garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add in salt and seasonings and stir well.
- Add chopped red pepper, black beans, and cooked rice and sauté for another 10 mins. on low.
- When b’nut squash is tender remove from oven and cool slightly. Add 1.5 cups of the cooked butternut I added all of the butternut squash.
- squash to the skillet and stir well. You can mash the squash with a fork if some pieces are too large. Add Daiya cheese and heat another couple minutes.
- Add bean filling to tortilla along with desired toppings. Wrap and serve. Leftover filling can be reheated the next day for lunch in a wrap or as a salad topper.
This was printed from: Oh She Glows
The site URL: http://ohsheglows.com
The Title:Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos
The URL: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/10/24/black-bean-and-butternut-squash-burritos/
I cannot WAIT to eat these for lunch today! Please make them, they are amazing.