Thank you all so much for your kind and encouraging words about yesterday’s post. I really needed it 🙂 I had a mini meltdown yesterday but staying home and I guess working things out in my head was just what I needed.
My mother-in-law came over yesterday while I was working on some stuff to do some laundry (their washing machine is broken, yuck), and I made her lunch, a Spinach Salad Wrap.
Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens:
Spinach Salad Wrap (serves 6)
- 5 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 5-oz. pkg. fresh baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, torn in half
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 slices bacon, crisp cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
1. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, sour cream, sugar, parsley, salt, garlic, and dry mustard until combined. Whisk in the olive oil; set dressing aside.
2. Divide spinach among flour tortillas. Top with cheese, mushrooms, bacon, red onion, and sliced eggs. Drizzle with dressing.
3. Roll up tortillas. If necessary, secure with toothpicks. If desired, wrap in waxed paper and cut in half to serve.
This wrap was so amazing, the red wine vinegar dressing was very light and totally different from anything I have ever tasted. All of the flavors worked very well together.
Later on, I planned our meals for the week (until next Tuesday) and went to Giant to pick up what we needed. There are some amazing recipes I chose, and I cannot wait to share them with you all.
I also wanted to make my hubby a “Thank You for being amazing” dessert and he loves apple crisp so that is what i made! I used the apples we bought last weekend at the mini pumpkin patch.
Topped it off with some creamy vanilla ice cream
and you’ve got the perfect fall dessert! Easy-pezy 🙂
After my mini meltdown, I decided to change up my routine, I needed to find something that resembled my “normal life“. Before my accident I would plan out all our meals, go couponing, and bake all the time. It had been so long since I did those things I had forgotten how much I really do love them. So I am hoping and praying that getting back into a normal routine will allow everything else to fall into place.
Again thank you all for being there to support me 🙂