I hope everyone had a great day yesterday :). The sun has been shinning and the weather has been glorious for us here in NOVA. This past weekend when we went to the pumpkin patch, we noticed that someone had hit my NEW car sometime earlier last week. I had been trying to rack my brain to figure out when it had happened and why I hadn’t noticed it, but then I realized that the weather was horrible last week. I think it rained almost everyday again, and so if someone had hit my car I wouldn’t have noticed it because I remember “running” in and out of my car to avoid the rain. Barf… Yet another reason I hate the rain.
I don’t understand why someone would hit or scrape another persons car and not leave a note. Can you please be a decent human being and at least leave a note saying you are sorry and that you will pay for the repair!? It’s just common courtesy, and I cannot fathom why anyone would hit and run! So thank you to the jerk that hit my car, not only do I have to take time out of my day to have it looked at but I have to pay my deductible to have it fixed.
This has NOT been a good car year, first my baby car dies and I have to donate it, then I get into a bad accident where my car is totaled and now this? Please enough already, I just want to live my life! I am going to have an adjuster look at the damage tomorrow morning and we will go from there. I know things happen to cars, and that isn’t what I am fired up about, it is the fact that there are so many dishonest people in this world, just leave a note, that is all I ask.
Anyway, enough negativity, I have a new recipe to share! Last night I made a brand new Clean eating recipe. This magazine is awesome, every single recipe in it looks amazing. This week alone I will be making two more from it 🙂
Southwest Meatballs (Serves 4)
– 1 lb ground turkey breast
– 2 large egg whites
– ¼ cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
– ¼ tsp. sea salt
– ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
– 2 tsp. Olive oil
– 1 cup frozen yellow or white corn
– 1 15-oz BPA-free can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
– 2 cups diced vine-ripened tomatoes
– ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
– 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
– 1 tsp. ground cumin
– ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into 16 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meatballs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, until brown on all sides. Add corn, beans, tomatoes, broth, lime juice and cumin and mix well. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in cilantro and serve.
Nutrients per serving (4 meatballs and 1 cup of corn mixture): Calories: 320, Total Fat, 4.5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 32g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 37 g, Sodium: 340 mg, Cholesterol: 55 mg
Next time I make this, I will be adding garlic to the meatball mixture. I also think this needs a bit of a spice, so I will also be adding some jalapenos, or red pepper flakes. Last night we used Franks RedHot Sauce and it was very tasty but I don’t think Franks RedHot is very “clean”. Additionally, I think that the meatballs could benefit from cooking in the mixture a bit longer than 3 to 5 minutes, in which case, the tomatoes should not be added in the mixture until you are almost ready to serve it!
Let me know if you try it! It was awesome!