I have a pretty amazing recipe to share with you guys today, but first I discovered a few new things today at Trader Joe’s:
I love banana chips, and these are absolutely amazing, AND they were only 99 cents! I ate a quarter of the bag on my way home from Trader Joe’s last night, haha. I am curious to find out if I can make my own banana chips. Has anyone ever made them?
I was also on the quest to find this Pomegranate white tea Allison told me about a month ago, but I couldn’t find it 😦 Instead I pick this box up, it looked and smelled delish:
I can’t wait to try it out tonight, it is nice and breezy today, so tea is definitely on the menu for tonight. Speaking of menus, last night I made another clean eating recipe. Pomegranate-chipotle chicken, with quinoa, and boy was it good! One of the best parts was that it didn’t require an extensive amount of ingredients!
and it was so easy to make, I think it took me about 15 minutes to make this.
Here is the recipe from Clean Eating Magazine:
Pomegranate-Chipotle Chicken (serves 4)
– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– ¼ tsp each sea salt and pepper
– 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
– 1 tbsp minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– ½ tsp mustard powder (I did not use this)
– 1 cup frozen green peas
– ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pomegranate juice, chipotle chilies, chili powder, cumin, and mustard powder. Add mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and simmer for 5 minutes, undisturbed, until chicken is cooked through. Add quinoa, peas and parsley to skillet, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute, until heated.
Nutrients per serving ( 1 chicken breast and 1 ½ cups quinoa mixture): Calories: 370, Total Fat, 8g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Carbs: 43g, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 32 g, Sodium: 230 mg, Cholesterol: 65 mg
It was quite amazing. Best part… we have leftovers for lunch today! YUM!
Let me know if you try it!