Boy oh boy, do I have a recipe to share 🙂 Last night we were supposed to go over to our friend Lejia’s house, and Hyojon was going to make us from awesome red beans & rice, but things happened and the plans changed. But I had been looking forward to Red beans & rice all week, so we decided to make it ourselves.
I was super nervous to try yet another new recipe, because of my recent failures, but I looked up some recipes and decided to come up with one of my own. This makes a lot of food, but we saved some for leftovers, I would say this recipe serves 8 big bowls :). I did not really measure out the spices, but this is my best guestimate as to how much of each I put it. Seriously this is amazing, you can ask, Lauren, Lejia, Erik, and David, I promise. Hands down one of the best things I have made.
Red Beans & Rice
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 15oz can kidney beans
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs turkey kielbasa, sliced
- Cook Rice according to directions.
- Sauté Kielbasa until brown
- Add onion, red pepper, kidney beans, garlic, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth and bay leaves, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for at least 40 minutes, or until liquid has reduced.
- Serve over rice 🙂 🙂
Unfortunately for me, my hubby took the rest of the red beans & rice for lunch today. But this dinner rocked my socks, and I promise it will rock yours too 🙂
I hope everyone has a great Friday!
Best thing you ever made-Go!