This happened yesterday…
Me: O my god!
Me: Try this!
Dorsa: So good right?!
Sh*t girls say….. nice….
Yup, I didn’t even realize I was doing it until after the words had already come out of my mouth. I was talking about the Apple Cinnamon flavor of Chobani, because yes I finally found them yesterday!
I tried the Passion Fruit flavor yesterday and it was soooo grood 🙂 I have never had an actual passion fruit before so I have nothing to compare it to, but I loved it. Now the Apple Cinnamon flavor, seriously tasted like a delicious apple pie, I can’t get enough of it. Today.. Blood Orange 🙂
So yesterday I was talking about my cooking rut, well I decided to go back to a classic “Do it again meal” last night for dinner. Winner!
I put this recipe up here before but I will share it again, served it up with some Trader Joe’s sweet potato fries. Last time I made it with frozen spinach, but this time I decided to use fresh spinach and it was even better than the last time I made it!
Greek Spinach Veggie Burgers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried italian seasoning
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (2 oz.)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Toppers such as crumbled feta cheese, plain yogurt, sliced roasted red peppers, and/or sliced red onion (optional)
1. In medium bowl combine oil, garlic, oregano, dillweed, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Stir in stuffing mix to coat thoroughly. Stir in egg, spinach, and 1/2 cup crumbled feta; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. Heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned and heated through.
3. Serve in buns with assorted toppers. Makes 4 servings.
I made all four so that we could take the leftovers for lunch today 🙂 ahh I cannot wait to eat it, I may or may not be taking lunch early today.
Sooo the gym didn’t happen yesterday.. Not my fault though.. I took my stuff to work with me, and drove straight to the gym after work, Erik was going to meet me there after he got home and changed. But as soon as I walked into the gym, I realized that I had forgotten my shoes!? Seriously?! Ugh I was so frustrated! We live very close to the gym, but I knew that by the time I went home and got my shoes and headed back to the gym, I would have no time to cook dinner.. bleh. So last night, food won. But never fear, I have my shoes today, and I can’t wait to work out!
Has that ever happened to you? What did you do?– I wish I can say that I went home got my shoes and headed back to the gym, but I fail.
I hope everyone has a great day!