Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated. I am doing better, but still am feeling a bit uninspired to write a full blog post. My real life twinsie Erin tagged me in this post a few weeks ago and I think it’s about time I filled it out. I am supposed to answer the 11 questions Erin came up with and then create 11 more questions and tag several bloggers/friends! Here we go!
1. What is the #1 destination on your dream vacation list? — I think I would have to say that I would love love love to go to New Zealand. I mean come on, look at that.
2. What is the most recent or best thing you’ve DIY’d? — My Lima Bean Wreath. I love it.
3. What is your favorite recipe? —
Cilantro Chicken with Tomato/Avocado Salsa
- 1 lb medium beefsteak-type tomatoes, quartered, seeds squeezed out
- 2 serrano Chilies, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, cut into ¾-in. chunks
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, chilies, and green onions. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring vinegar to a boil. Add sugar and salt and cook, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat. Put ginger, garlic, and dry spices in a bowl. In another medium saucepan, heat olive oil, and add ginger mixture and cook, stirring until fragrant. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar mixture and pour over tomato mixture. Let salsa cool, then cover and chill for at least an hour, or overnight. About 1 hour before serving stir in avocados.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. Turn chicken in mixture to coat. Let stand at room temperature turning occasionally for 30 to 45 minutes, or refrigerate overnight. Grill chicken. Serve on rice with salsa on top of chicken.
4. What is the most inspiring or best book that you’ve EVER read? — hmmm. Although I do love the Hunger Games series.. I have to say that My Sister’s Keeper is one of my favorites. It was very well written and the entire book just stuck with me. I love all of Jodi Picoult’s books.
5. What are some of your favorite daily blog reads? — Check out my blog roll for my favorite blogs. Heck maybe your blog is in there too :).
6. What is your fave quote? —hmmm… I have two, and I believe both of them 100%
7. Favorite childhood book — Charlotte’s Web. I read this book by myself in First grade 🙂 My first grade teacher gave me a copy of this book and wrote something very sweet in it, that I still have to this day.
8. Fave nail polish brand/color — ESSIE!, pink sparkles duh
9. If you won 1 Million dollas in the lottery, what would you do with it? — Pay off all of our debt, and my mom’s house 🙂 Kinda lame I know, but I hate debt.
10. If you could go back and change any event in your life, would you? If so, what would you change?– Not really sure how I could change it, but I would go back 6 years ago to the day my daddy passed away, hoping that there is a new way to help him recover.
11. Favorite time of year and why. — Spring, hands down the Spring. It brings new life, I love the smell of the flowers and hearing the birds in the morning. It is peaceful.
I tag all the people in my blog roll, and anyone else who wants to do it!
Now go ahead and tag your friends! Answer my 11 questions and tag your own blogging buddies and ask them 11 questions! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- What is your favorite memory as a child?
- What is your dream job?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Favorite Quote.
- What is your most embarrassing moment in your childhood?
- If you could change you name, would you? And if you do, what would it be?
- Best memory from college?
- What is the strangest thing you have seen recently?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
- If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?