I have another Clean Eating Magazine Recipe to share with you all, this was soooo good! This recipe makes enough for 8 servings, 2 tacos each.
- 3 lb Beef Brisket
- 8 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno (seeded) *recipe called for chilies but I could not find them, so I used the jalapeno instead
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 3 gloves garlic (minced)
Tangy Chimichurri Zucchini
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (I ran out of red wine vinegar, so I used 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup water)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno (seeded)
- Sear the brisket in a large skillet until brown, remove and put aside.
- Saute onion and garlic until brown
- Add tomatoes and jalapeno to slow cooker along with sauteed onion/garlic mixture.
- Nestle brisket on top of mixture. Set to High and cook for 6 hours.
- In a blender (or magic bullet) puree the cilantro, parsley, red wine vinegar, garlic and jalapeno. Refrigerate until needed.
- Then assemble your tacos!
Honestly I was nervous about this recipe because I thought the brisket would be too tough and dry, but nope, in fact there was a bit too much liquid left in the slow cooker, so next time I might reduce the amount of red wine vinegar.
Let me know if you try it!