I’m going to step away from baby talk for today to ensure you that I do still cook and do other things🙂 haha….
Last night I made some amazing chicken enchiladas and I want to share the recipe with you all. It is a recipe I found in my huge basket of recipes from the August 2009 issue of Southern Living.
Chicken and Green Chile Enchiladas
- 3 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup Onion-and-Garlic Mixture (recipe to follow)
- 2 (4-oz) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 (10-oz) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 (9-inch) burrito size flour tortillas
- Preheat Oven to 425. Stir together first 4 ingredients, 1 ½ cups enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of cheese
- Spoon about ½ cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll tortillas up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Onion and Garlic Mixture
- 2 cups chopped onion (1 large onion)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sauté onion in hot oil until tender; add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
These were so fantastic, I cannot wait to make them again🙂
Oh I almost forgot to mention.. I had my first real “hubby please drive to the store and get me this food” craving this week… Snickers Ice cream bars! mmm so stinkin good.
He is the best for going to get me some🙂 He even got 2 boxes! ahh he knows me too well🙂 Love him!
I hope everyone has a great day!!!!