Sorry I am going to be one of those annoying people that shows you how much our family loves pumpkin stuff🙂
As you might know, last week I treated myself to a decaf pumpkin spice latte and drank it in a matter of minutes. In hindsight that was a terrible idea because it gave me the worst belly ache ever, but it tasted soooo soooo good.
And yesterday, because of the holiday I decided to make some Pumpkin Spice cake..
It’s okay to be jealous. It was amazing. Here is the recipe from real simple if you want to make it for yourself.
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (1 1?2 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the pumpkin puree, milk, and molasses (the mixture may appear curdled). Reduce the mixer speed to low; gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over the cake. Let set before serving.
I hope everyone had a great day!