This weekend was a super busy one :). I took Erin’s advice and started tackling my to-do list, but I will talk about that tomorrow. For now I wanna share the recipe of the cookies Lauren and I made on Saturday night 🙂
Dirty Snowball cookies via Savvy mom
- 1¼ cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine the coconut, oats, chocolate chips and sugar in small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla, and mix together with the dry ingredients, using your hands.
- Using a teaspoon and your hands, form macaroons into 1 inch mounds and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Jam Shortbread Thumbprints
- 3/4 pound (1 1/2 cups or 3 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperaturr
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Jam or jelly of your choosing
- Roll shortbread into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your palm.
- Make a small indentation in the top of the cookie using your thumb or finger. Spoon about a 1/4 teaspoon of jam into the hole.Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for about 10-12 minutes and golden on the bottoms.
And the star of the show.. seriously these are amazing!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter
- 7 3 1/2 ounce bars semisweet chocolate12 oz. chopped, 7.5 oz. cut into 1-inch squares and the rest for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 30 marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chopped chocolate, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla at low speed until smooth, 2 minutes. Mix in the cooled chocolate mixture just until blended. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing on low speed until just combined. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour. (If making the dough a day ahead, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before shaping.)
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 325 degrees . Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment. Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough and roll between your palms to form 1-inch balls. Arrange about 16 balls 2 inches apart on each cookie sheet, flattening slightly. Bake until the tops of the cookies crack, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, snip 8 marshmallows in half crosswise and stick 1 square of chocolate onto each of the cut sides.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven; gently press a marshmallow half, chocolate side down, into each cookie. Bake until the marshmallows are just softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pans to racks to cool for 5 minutes; grate the remaining chocolate over the hot cookies. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to the racks; let cool. Repeat the process with the remaining dough, marshmallows and chocolate. Bake each batch on a clean sheet of parchment.
I love cookies 🙂 Share some cookie recipes with me 🙂
I hope everyone has a great day!