I hope you all had a great weekend! I wanted to go a quick post on the things that I know that I cannot currently live without. There are tons of gear you can get your new baby, but really what do they need? If you are breastfeeding, they don’t need much. Here is my list, but know that all babies are different 🙂
1. A great nursing chair. I got mine from target. It reclines and is a rocking chair. Very essential, especially for those night feedings.
2. A video monitor. We got the Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision. And we have it set up in our room. Liam is currently sleeping in a pack n play in our room on Erik’s side of the bed, but I wanted to be able to see him at nights when I put him down. Call me crazy protective, but having a new baby is scary when you can’t watch him at all times. In a few weeks when we move him into his crib it will become even more essential 🙂
3. A good pack n play with a bassinet. We got the Graco Pack ‘N Play Playard with Cuddle Cove Rocking Seat, Winslet He sleeps in that cuddle cove thing on the left hand side at nights, and new sometimes during the day when he naps and I need to shower or do some chores around the house.
4. A mat for tummy time, that can be used later as a play gym.. We got the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Ultra Comfort Musical Gym The mat is very plushy, waaay nicer than doing tummy time on a blanket on the hardwood floors. He is going to love all the little animals once he is a little older and can see further. 5. My Brest Friend Pillow is key.. I have both the boppy and the breast friend and I use both of them equally. I use the boppy in his nursing chair at nights and the breast friend during the day when I am downstairs watching tv or sitting on the couch.
6. Lansinoh Ultra Soft Disposable Nursing Pads You need them, go get them, trust me.
7. If you are breastfeeding and you are going to pump, you need the Simple Wishes Hands Free Breastpump Bra. It looks funny but it saves so much time when you have to pump.
8. Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags.. duh
9. Gerber Unisex-Baby 5 Pack Variety Onesies. It is cold in our house and I have been putting these on under all of his outfits so that he doesn’t get cold.
10. Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer I didn’t think we needed it, but do just one diaper change with a cold wipe and see how that goes over, you will change your mind and get one of these.
11. And the most useful thing I purchased was the Boppy Newborn Lounger. You need it trust me. Especially if you don’t want to be holding your baby 24/7. Liam LOVES his and will sleep in it all day if you let him 🙂
12. Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base and an extra base actually, if you have 2 cars.
13. Baby Trend Snap N Go EX Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier This is useful if you are just going to the store and don’t need to take your bigger stroller around.. We have a Bob and that is a bit heavy, so I won’t really use that unless we are going out for the day somewhere.
14. Baby Connect App. I don’t know how people kept track of diaper changes and feeding without this app, or technology in general. This app is amazing, and I obviously cannot live without it.
Okay I think that is all for now. Oh ya make sure you have a nice camera and camcorder 🙂
Have a great day!