A little different kind of post on this rainy and muggy day. I read a blog post today that really got me thinking; we all (myself included) complain too much. Nowadays facebook and day to day conversations are flooded with people complaining about the weather, traffic, work, etc. Heck, I texted Erik this morning and complained about the rain, but you know what, there are so many people who would love to switch places with us and stand out in that rain or be stuck in traffic just to get one more day on this earth to be with their loved ones.
I want to learn to catch myself before I complain about something, and instead turn it into a positive statement, or observation. I really want to try and eliminate negative thoughts and feelings from my head and be more outwardly grateful. So in spite of this rainy day, I want to share 10 things I am grateful about, and I encourage you to do the same.
- First and foremost I am grateful for my health and the health of my family and friends.
- I am grateful for the roof over my head.
- I am grateful to have a husband who loves me, and will do just about anything to make me happy.
- I am grateful and blessed that I am able to have children. And I am grateful for my healthy and happy babies.
- I am grateful for my loving and caring friends.
- I am grateful for my job.
- I am grateful we found a school for our son, which is close to our house and provides a loving and caring environment for him to grow in.
- I am grateful to have been born into such a great family and married into such a wonderful family.
- I am grateful for my sister, who is my best friend, someone I could never live without.
- I am grateful for my freedom, and thank all those who fought for our rights and our freedom.
I am certainly grateful for more than just 10 things, but we would be here all day if I listed every little thing I am grateful for. Maybe I will make it a regular occurrence on my blog each week, and maybe I will call it “I can’t complain Monday”.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you are grateful for.
Have a great day!